The mission of the KTTT Pecan Farm Department is to produce high quality pecans in order to successfully compete with other wholesalers in the sell of in-shell pecans.
• Provide the pecan trees with the proper fertilization.
• Maintain adequate soil moisture levels of the Pecan Orchard by irrigation.
• Prune the Pecan Trees during their dormant season.
• Spray the trees with the proper insecticides and pesticides when needed.
• Maintain landscaping of the Pecan Orchard.
• Prepare and maintain harvest equipment functioning properly for harvest season.
• Harvest Pecans in early September to November.
The Pecan Farms’ operational goal is to maintain an annual moderate crop production of high quality nuts.