Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas
Community Enrollment Department Mission Statement
The mission of the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Enrollment Department is to carry out the responsibilities of enrollment as deemed necessary by the Kickapoo Tribe Constitution and By-Laws. To protect the documentation provided for and by tribal members; to assist with integrity, accuracy and the utmost respect of confidentiality.
The membership of the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas shall consist of the following persons:
(a) All persons of Kickapoo Indian blood whose names appear on the official roll of the Texas Band of Kickapoo dated November 8, 1987, and to those enrolled through November 8, 1988.
(b) All children born to a tribe member who are at least one -fourth (1/4) degree Kickapoo Indian blood.
(c) All persons that have resided within the jurisdiction of the Tribe for three (3) years.
(d) All persons that have relinquished their membership in the other tribe.
(e) The application for membership is reviewed and approved by the Membership Committee.
1. APPLICATION: Complete fully, put N/A for Not Applicable where necessary, sign and date.
2. FAMILY TREE: Complete, as thoroughly as possible, to trace your Kickapoo ancestry.
3. BIRTH CERTIFICATE: We must have the original certified copy of the applicant’s Birth Certificate. Must be certified by the State Department of Public Health of Vital Records Division from the state the applicant was born. A hospital record or document is not sufficient proof of birth.
4. SOCIAL SECURITY CARD: We must have the original.
5. PROOF OF RESIDENCY: i.e. Electricity, Employment Verification, Cable, Water, Phone, School Attendants Form.
6. RELINQUISHMENT: Filed a relinquishment statement with other tribe.
7. COURT ORDERED DOCUMENTS: Marriage License / Divorce Decree, Legal Adoption Custody Documents, Paternity Affidavits.
8. RETURN C.D.I.B / B.I.A CARD: from other tribe.
9. OTHER DOCUMENTS
10. Any documentation that would help prove that you will be eligible
KTTT Enrollment Department, 2212 Rosita Valley Rd., Eagle Pass, Texas 78852
Tel: (830) 773-2105 Ext. 5351