KICKAPOO TRIBAL POLICE
The mission of the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Police Department is to protect the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce criminal activity, preserve the peace and to maintain a safe environment while working in partnership with the Indian and non-Indian communities. In carrying out our mission, we understand the service we provide should be mandated with honor, professionalism and ethics to maintain public confidence. The Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Police Department strives to secure all rights and powers that are inherent of the Tribe’s sovereign status through trust and transparency. This department aims to enforce tribal laws in an impartial manner. We respect and recognize cultural diversity and customs and we will continue to foster these traits within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas boundaries. OUR PERSONNEL: The Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Police Department places equal importance in the fair treatment of our personnel and in the treatment of the community it serves. It is the department’s responsibility to ensure our personnel is treated with respect, dignity and fairness. The leaders along with all other members of this department recognize the responsibility to facilitate open and honest discussion, to respect the needs and opinions of others and to provide for the professional growth of our members through education and training. SELF-IMAGE: We are a public service agency staffed with courageous professionals. Our personal conduct must earn the respect and admiration of law abiding citizens as well as violators of the law. Our behavior both on and off duty must remain honorable and we must shape our professionals to be role models for our youth. CONCERN FOR THE COMMUNITY: We strive to be seen as part of the community — we are united. While maintaining high visibility, we accept our responsibility to be part of the community’s pride, to establish and maintain trust, to be well-prepared and to protect our citizens. We pledge to be an interactive party of our community and its organizations. WE WILL MEET AND EXCEED THESE STANDARDS. VALUES: These values guide us in all decisions and actions made by the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Tribal Police Department Program:
- Strive to learn and grow
- Be honest, ethical and professional
- Strive for excellence in all actions performed
- Lead by example
- Treat all people with respect and compassion
- To be fair and transparent
- To identify and respect cultural diversity and customs
KTPD Police Director’s Office
Kickapoo Police Department Director
Epifanio Ruiz Jr.
Pedro J Sanchez
KTPD Criminal Investigations Department
Criminal Investigations Department represents KTTT in its best interests in a positive manner and treats all tribal members, co-workers, employees and the public at large with the utmost respect and dignity.
We are responsible for investigating crimes such as burglaries, homicides, assaults and other incidents to implicate perpetrators. Collect evidence, interview witnesses, testify in court and handle all sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview informants, suspects and witnesses to ascertain alibis, clues, time frames and possible suspects.
- Investigate criminal acts such as homicides, sexual assaults, armed robberies, home invasions, and property crimes such as burglaries.
- Bag evidence carefully and ensure it gets sent to proper department.
- Collect and use evidence to solve crimes.
- Send specimens to laboratory to obtain DNA.
- File paperwork.
- Follow up on leads.
- Process crime scenes.
- Analyze laboratory findings.
- Obtain search warrants.
- Collect enough evidence to support a court case against a criminal.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of tribal statues and court cases related to work performed and agency rules and regulations.
- Additional police assistance.
- Prepare investigative reports.
- Keep detailed records.
- Prepare sketches and diagrams
- Explain to the jury the significance of evidence as it relates to proof.