In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Administrative Assistant
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Operates a switchboard and relays incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls; greets and directs incoming visitors in a courteous manner and sorts and distributes mail. Ensures efficient and professional processing of all assigned responsibilities. Work contacts include administrators, staff and the public. Must be able to use independent judgment as it pertains to administrative functions.
Knowledge, skills and abilities for the position:
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment; operation of switchboard and/or PBX equipment.
- Ability to type at a moderate rate of speed; operate standard office machines; communicate effectively
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
- Mathematics: Ability to perform simple arithmetic for time-keeping and counting calculations.
- Language & Communication: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English and Spanish, and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
- Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Promptly answer all incoming calls with proper telephone etiquette; must sound professional, credible, pleasant and sincere.
- Operate switch keys to make connections and relay calls on existing phone system.
- Supply information to callers, records messages, keep record of calls placed, people contacted.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading and sorting of mail.
- Greet incoming visitors, and notify departments of their arrival; receive incoming packages and deliveries.
- Respond to questions from the public, and provide courteous and friendly service.
- Perform typing and transcription duties as required.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities to perform position requirements. An example of this would be experience in operating a switchboard or PBX equipment, along with at least one year (1) clerical experience.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com