In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Tribal Security
Division: Tribal Administration
Department: Law Enforcement
Under general supervision, performs general security work in the protection of persons and property and the enforcement of all applicable policies, rules and regulations to prevent losses due to accidents and incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Patrol assigned areas on foot and running as well in emergency situations, checking for fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons or safety/fire hazards.
- Investigate and/or reports hazard, unusual or suspicious circumstances to tribal police for correction or follow- up actions; maintain contact with tribal police.
- Check doors and windows of buildings to ensure they are tightly closed and locked; note in written log any unlocked doors/windows; submit information to tribal police.
- Observe activity and traffic in assigned area to enforce rules/regulations; alert visitors of violations, stop incoming and outgoing vehicles, submit information to tribal police dispatcher.
- Cognizant that the possibility of physical confrontation increases the likelihood of injury.
- Willing to rotate, work long hours and irregular shifts, and must be able to work on your days offs and holidays if the job requires.
- Assist any persons in building or on grounds needing directions.
- Escort people/property to desire destination during regular working hours, all other times needs supervisor notification and approval.
- Respond to alarms and dispatched calls; decide what actions to take based on situation, facts known and position limitations.
- Decide when incident requires written report; decide which report form to use and submits to supervisor.
- Unlock buildings/doors after checking identification and compliance with tribal police policies.
- May assist tribal police with crowd control and surveillance at large public events.
- May assist in detaining and supervising subjects while in custody for tribal police.
- Provide for safety of all persons (tribal members, visitors, and staff) and for property of the Tribe.
- Enforce all applicable federal, state and local laws, if any, as well as all policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional competency by staying up to date on the changing trends of security procedures and practices.
- Understand and demonstrate the proper guidelines for the use of force.
- Comply with organization and department policies and procedures.
- Must use issued gear and uniform provided by tribal police department.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the law enforcement commission
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED).
Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org