In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Foster Home Care Lead Attendant
Supervisor: Foster Home Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services
Department: Foster Care
Foster Home Care Lead Attendant provide in-home care for children.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Supervise the children at all times. Observe and monitor groups of children indoors and outdoors year round, assuring their health and safety.
- Assist the house parent in planning and carrying out home activities.
- Assist in supervising volunteers assigned to the home.
- Ensure each child receives individual attention.
- Deal sensitively and fairly with persons from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Follow policies and procedures for the operation of the child care center.
- Provide positive guidance to help children develop the ability to be self-disciplined.
- Use portfolio system as the primary means of gathering and organizing developmental data on child’s growth.
- Maintain a developmentally appropriate environment for the children at all times.
- Participate in training and professional development opportunities established by the state guidelines and provided by the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Child Care Program.
- Be responsible for housekeeping tasks to maintain the order of the child care.
- Maintain cooperative and productive relationships with other center staff.
- Share the responsibility for the arrangement and maintenance of the room and equipment.
- Observe for and report any hazardous conditions of the building, grounds or equipment to supervisor.
- Maintain the minimum standards for Child for child care established by Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Indian Child Welfare Program.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certificates.
- Communicate regularly with the Supervisor.
- Work as a member of a team to ensure continuity of curriculum and high standard of quality in the house.
- Assist in other projects as assigned by the house parent and/or the Program Director.
- Perform daily housekeeping tasks related to certain activities of the program (i.e. meals, art activities, etc.)
- Treat conversations and information with confidentiality regarding children, parents and other staff.
- Understand Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
- Understand growth and development of assigned age group.
- Show insight into child and adult behavior.
- Demonstrate good judgment when planning for children’s safety and health.
- Present a good model to children of language use, both verbal and written.
- Respond to and interacts with children in their play enrolments and at the child’s eye level.
- Help children with toileting or diapering needs. May involve lifting children up to 40 Ibs.
- Utilize time well and is organized.
- Exhibit flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Follow all rules, regulations, and policies of Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Indian Child Welfare Foster Care Program and follow directives from superiors.
- Follow attendance policy as assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, ethical, courteous, positive, and responsible and serve as a role model for all district staff and students.
- Must be able to supervise house staff (cooks, house attendants, and groundkeeper.)
- Must be able to schedule staff according to group home needs.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED)
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Disqualifying Criteria: Regulations implementing the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act require an individual to be denied employment if he or she has been convicted of any felony, or any two or more misdemeanor offenses, under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence, sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution, crimes against persons, or offenses committed against children.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org