In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Food Service- Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Food Service Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: Food Services Department
Greet visitors, answer the telephone, screen/direct calls, take and relay messages. Provide information to employees, applicants, and vendors. Collaborate with site-based leadership to provide assistance to include calendaring, screening calls, planning, coordinating and scheduling needs. Work with the Food Service Director to ensure that all financial reporting is maintained for all food service and education outlets, as well as, grants. Under the direction of the Food Service Director, provide administrative, operational, and secretarial support for all outlets under food service.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as a liaison with internal and external contacts for all food service areas.
- Acts as point of contact at the request of Program Director or Management that may include planning and coordinating presentations; distributing information, or coordinating mail outs.
- Answering phone inquiries, directs calls to the appropriate parties, and provides basic company and center information to callers.
- Answers main telephone line, schedules appointments, greets and directs clients, accepts deliveries, accepts and sends out faxes.
- Arranges and manages appointments, schedules and calendars. Schedule parent meetings or other appointments as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Arranges meetings, takes and prepares meeting notes, as required. Notes commitments made by management or staff during meetings and arrange the appropriate follow up actions.
- Check for all visitors to sign in and check for viper scan and sticker ID, refer back to Tribal Student Services Attendance Clerk or designee.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
- Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results
- Conserves management’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally for corresponding center.
- Coordinates internal department correspondence, works independently on special and ongoing projects as assigned by center manager or designee.
- Creates and manages vendor relationships related to ordering supplies and miscellaneous office equipment.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Ensures timely company vehicle submission, logs, and other maintenance.
- Greet persons entering organization in a friendly and professional manner.
- Handles check requests, requisitions, payroll, coordinates facility repairs and telecommunications for the center and for special ongoing projects as assigned by Food Service Director.
- Runs and compiles reports weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly and for the year-end. Provide necessary reports to directors and administration upon request.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Maintain appointment diary both manually and electronically. Must have manual appointment diary in their procession during all meetings for scheduling purposes.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Make copies for staff; preparation for site-based communication;
- Makes travel arrangements for Program Director and other staff as approved. Arranges travel, accommodation, itineraries, and all correspondence related to arrangements as needed.
- Manage and maintain a neat, welcoming, and professional office environment.
- Operate office equipment.
- Performs general administrative assistant duties such as typing, copying and maintenance of paper or electronic records, sorting and delivering mail to corresponding parties.
- Plans, organizes and implements internal and external events such as meetings, business luncheons, or client dinners alongside center assistance.
- Prepares reports, presentations, and data, as well as maintaining files, records, and correspondence for meetings.
- Provide information to callers.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Responsible for creating and tracking site-based profiles.
- Track employee attendance electronically or manually.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Uses considerable judgment and initiative to determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations with all administrative duties
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
College Hours 60 hours or more or Associates Degree, or equivalent technical degree (such as Office Assistant, Paraprofessional Advanced, or other applicable qualifying certification) and minimum two (2) years’ experience performing high-level Food service related office administrative assistant functions with oversight of budgets and operations functions.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Services, Business Administration, or other approved discipline, and office experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org