In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Medical Laboratory Technician
Supervisor: Community Health Center Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: Community Health Center
Obtains and handles body fluids (such as blood, urine and tissues) for medical tests by using appropriate collection techniques. Processes laboratory specimens in accordance to community health center and manufacturer standards, policies and procedures and as ordered by providers.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assemble equipment and supplies including blood and specimen collection devices to collect specimens as ordered by the provider.
- Verify identity of patient, alleviate fear of procedure and ensure patient’s safety.
- Collect blood samples according to laboratory procedures including proper labeling of specimens and storage of blood container for subsequent processing.
- Process laboratory specimens according to requirements for specified tests and the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Report patient results ONLY if the quality control results fall within the expected range.
- Collect timed specimens, including glucose tolerance procedures, as requested and instruct patients on the procedures.
- Properly document lab specimens and requisitions; maintain lab records according to lab procedures, assist in logging incoming and outgoing lab results.
- Distribute test results appropriately and report test results to medical and/or nursing staff as required.
- Perform quality control (QC) procedures on laboratory equipment and reagents according to clinic and manufacturer standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance of lab supplies to ensure an adequate supply is available.
- Process orders for lab supplies on a monthly basis.
- Maintain lab area clean and orderly; keep equipment properly maintained.
- Maintain communication for backup reference in lab procedures.
- Maintain standard and ethics at all times, to include compliance with applicable privacy regulations, if any.
- Employee must maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of patient data and information according to applicable privacy regulations, if any.
- Employee assures age and culturally appropriate, holistic patient care based on mission, standards and policies; adheres to standards of relevant regulatory agencies.
- Employee participates in clinic performance improvement activities to measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Employee must consistently be courteous to patients, staff and visitors.
- Under limited direct supervision, makes decisions that directly affect patient well-being and comfort with moderate consequence of error.
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty, including mental and physical demands and safety requirements satisfactorily.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate of Science degree or equivalent for laboratory technician.
Preferred Qualifications: Two years’ experience as a phlebotomist or laboratory technician preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org