In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Web Developer
Supervisor: Director of Information Technology
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
Department: Information Technology
The Web developer will build and maintain KTTT websites and web applications. Focusing solely on the underlying software and databases (known as the ‘back end’), work on the interface and visual design (the ‘front end’), while combining both.
Create products that meet KTTT needs. The work will be particularly varied with many projects to work on simultaneously and meet with department heads to discuss their requirements and update them on progress while creating reliable and high performing applications and services, which can be accessed over the Internet/Network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Planning and prototyping new applications;
- Designing the architecture of the components of an application;
- Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project;
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments;
- Problem solving;
- Fixing bugs in existing projects;
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases;
- Running performance benchmarking tests;
- Reviewing code;
- Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (apis) for applications to exchange data;
- Researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects;
- Meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates;
- Gathering requirements from KTTT members and users;
- Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages;
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development;
- Building and maintaining databases;
- Refactoring and optimizing existing code;
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it;
- Attending and speaking at web development conferences and workshops; designing information architecture within an application or website.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Coursework often includes programming, database management, mathematics, Web design and networking.
Work experience accompanied by a professional certification may be an adequate substitute for formal education in some cases.
Successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain License. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and 3 years equivalent work experience.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com