In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Tribal Purchasing Clerk
Supervisor: Central Purchasing Supervisor
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
Under direct supervision of Central Purchasing Supervisor, maintains work flow of the Purchasing department in accordance with Tribal policies and within Federal Funding Agency procurement guidelines.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Reviews, purchasing requisitions to ensure compliance with the Tribe purchasing procedures, and Federal Funding Agency procurement guidelines, and user requirements.
- Prepares simple bids and proposals, supporting spreadsheets, comparisons, recommendations, and justifications; assist in bid openings; obtains telephone quotes when indicated.
- Type reports and other business documents.
- Interacts with vendor and departments regarding procedures and status of bids and proposals.
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
- Update and store files to ensure they are accurate.
- Researches new vendor recommendations made by departments to determine if there is a current vendor that can provide goods or services needed.
- Research goods and services needed by departments, negotiates best price, and obtains quotes.
- Assist Central Purchasing Supervisor on special projects as needed.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor, Assistant Controller, Controller, and CFO.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED and at least one year of work-related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Associate’s degree and at least 1 year of work-related experience and or training.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org