In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Supervisor: Education Maintenance Supervisor(s) or Designee
Division: Tribal Education Administration
Department: Tribal Education Operations
Keep education facilities in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as operating motor-driven cleaning equipment, mopping floors, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties include, cleaning classrooms, restrooms, kitchen, performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs and additions and cleaning snow or debris from sidewalk or other grounds.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Apply waxes or sealers to wood or concrete floors; as assigned.
- Arranges furnishings and equipment (including playground and lunchroom equipment) for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom/playground activities, meals, and events.
- Assembles and installs various items for the purpose of completing projects safely and within established time frames and/or maintaining facilities in a safe and attractive condition- as assigned.
- Assist in compliance with occupational health and safety policies and regulations concerning primary job functions.
- Assist with serving, set up or clean up of food for events.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke or water, using commercial cleaning equipment.
- Clean or polish walls, ceilings, windows, plant equipment and building fixtures, using steam cleaning equipment, scrapers, brooms and variety of hand and power tools.
- Clean up and set up for division, department or program events.
- Cleaning window frames, windows, or other building areas.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Gather and empty trash ongoing and throughout the day.
- May be required to assist with grounds upkeep such as; mows lawns, trims and edges around walks and structures, and waters the grass as directed.
- Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by immediate supervisor or designee.
- Notifies supervisor of need to conducts regular maintenance of property such as pest control at designated locations.
- Notify management personnel concerning need for major repairs, additions to building operating systems, and supply needs.
- Notify supervisor when there is a need to service and repair cleaning and maintenance equipment and machinery
- Perform minor routine painting, and other facilities and grounds activities.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff.
- Report any safety hazards, or concerns.
- Responsible for assisting immediate supervisors with the upkeep of all Tribal Education Administration storage spaces, closets, maintenance areas or other designated areas.
- Responsible for ensuring all windows and entrances/exits are secured at end of work shift at designated location.
- Responsible for performing a deep clean to center refrigerators at minimum once a week.
- Responsible for the upkeep of trash bins both inside and outside of the facility.
- Routine and ongoing cleaning in classrooms, community spaces, learning centers, restrooms and other assigned areas.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and vacuum floors of buildings, using cleaning solutions, tools and equipment.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: 2-3 years or more of skilled or semi-skilled maintenance and/or janitorial experience.
Preferred Qualifications: 2 or more years’ experience in school or hospital maintenance.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com