In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Tribal Administrator
Supervisor: Kickapoo Traditional Council
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
Department: Tribal Administration
The Tribal Administrator oversees the day to day operations of the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas (KTTT). The Tribal Administrator reports directly to the KTTT Tribal Council. Under guidance of the KTTT Tribal Council the Administrator is responsible for the effective and efficient administration of overall tribal operations, serves as the principal operating executive for implementation of the Tribal policies and legislative directives including the direct oversight of the KTTT management employees. Directs and oversees the development of all KTTT programs, plans, and budgets. The Administrator will provide supervisory duties and leadership to the KTTT management staff in the performance of their assignments as well as issue directives designed to accomplish the goals and objectives as set by Council. Provides initiative in identifying the need for action by the KTTT Tribal Council to develop or revise policies and procedures. The Administrator is accountable for achieving Tribal Council goals and objectives of resolutions and laws, and for compliance with policy directions.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Direct supervision of all Division Program directors of the Tribe in accordance with the Tribe’s organizational chart, Executive Secretary, contractors or consultants performing services for the Tribe.
- Manage the overall operation of the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas including the Kickapoo Community Center.
- Meets with the Tribal Council in regular and special meetings; provides information and/or reports regarding tribal operations, services and programs; advises Tribal Council in their deliberations on planning, policies and/or laws, code, resolutions, ordinances. Responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures approved by the Tribal Council.
- Confers with staff and others on various operations, planning, economic development, financial and administrative matters; reviews contracts, ordinances, code, resolutions, plans, reports, programs and procedures and provides directives/recommendation. Insures open communication among all staff.
- Participates in Federal, Tribal, Regional and State organizations, commissions, task forces and groups, to promote tribal programs, services and/or activities; represents the Tribe in advocating and testifying on legislation regarding American Indian related issues. Develops plans and strategies to implement and carry out specific legislative and policy directives of the Tribal Council.
- Represent the KTTT before various authorities and jurisdiction the BIA, HIS, Congress and the Texas Legislature when the Tribal Administrator is not available.
- Reviews reports, surveys and studies in order to keep abreast of information and significant findings to the Tribal Council and the organization.
- Reviews and develops correspondence for the Chairman and Tribal Council, drafts policy statements, positions papers, resolutions and other documents for deliberation and action by the Council when needed.
- Makes recommendation to Tribal Council regarding annual Tribal budget and long-term revenue/expenditure forecasting; reviews and works with the Financial Officer on the indirect cost proposal; reviews and works with the Financial Officer on annual audit. Develops budgets for Tribal Council approval and monitors expenditures.
- Provides managerial assistance to the Chairman and Tribal Council of KTTT for the effective and efficient operation of the Council support and administrative program components. Ensures that staff carries out directive and policies of the Council.
- Develops annual meeting agenda with Council approval and insures attendance of appropriate staff and guest.
- Direct the delivery of comprehensive staff services to the Tribe.
- Direct the development of all grants and contract applications for submission on behalf of the KTTT.
- Officer and signer on Tribal bank accounts as required for Tribal operations.
- Research the economic development of the KTTT and its members.
- Represent KTTT in all activities that focus on the improvements of quality of life for the Kickapoo Tribal Members.
- Attend Tribal Council meetings, as required.
- Executive oversight of all planning involving departments’ operations and the community growth plan.
- Exemplifies and communicates the desired culture and philosophies of the Tribe.
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of Administration/management and the HR staff.
- Actively participates in departmental staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Performs related work as required in the interest of KTTT and Tribal Council.
- Travel as necessary to meet the needs and demands of the Tribe; may exceed 50% of duty time.
- Requires application and retention of a Class II Gaming License from Kickapoo Gaming Commission.
- May be assigned other duties and responsibility as necessary for administration or Tribal needs.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Public Relations, or Tribal Management, or directly related field and have four (4) years of Tribal Government experience and five (5) years in senior or executive leadership experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, Public Relations, or Tribal Management, or directly related field and have eight (8) years Tribal Government experience and ten (10) years in senior or executive leadership experience may be substituted for Master’s Degree.
Experience creating, implementing, and interpreting polices at a high level.
Experience in the following: Change leadership, People development, and Delivering results.
Preferred Qualifications: Diverse experience in the administration of major Indian Tribal Programs.
Must be able to demonstrate fluency in English; Spanish preferred.
Experience working with poor and/or migrant workers, indigenous peoples, or Native American Tribes.
Experience with Native American communities.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org