In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.com
Supervisor: Tech Support Manager
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
Department: Information Technology
This position reports to the Tech Support Manager and is responsible for supporting campus computing and telecommunication network operations and procedures. The technician works within a team environment responsible for supporting desktop computers, peripheral equipment, networks, communications equipment, and providing support for users’ software and hardware needs.
Under general supervision, independently performs troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and installation activities such as assembling and installing new computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard interface protocols. Assists in installation, user support, backups, and maintenance of documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install, and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems,
- Assemble, install, configure and test computer equipment or units of local area networks requiring use of standard interface protocols.
- Consult and assist manufacturer’s representatives in the installation of new computer equipment; exercise total responsibility for routine installation or modification projects; assist other technicians or the director in repairing, installing and testing complex pieces of equipment or local area networks.
- Complete work orders such as installing equipment, connecting and moving devices, etc.
- Confer with manufacturer’s representatives, faculty and staff in determining equipment.
- Maintain software and hardware inventory and tracking systems.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation associated with warranty repairs.
- Provide support to users relating to both hardware and software problems on their desktop computers.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication and/or peripheral equipment, test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Maintain computer network documentation, update computer maintenance manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree in computer science, information engineering or other related fields or 3-5 years of related experience.
Experience in all areas of local and wide area networks including setup, troubleshooting, implementation, and user support; experience installing and supporting Microsoft server technologies; experience supporting VoIP communications equipment.
Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information engineering or other related fields.
Certification in A+, Net+, or MCP preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org