In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Responsible for the technical and scientific oversight of a moderate complexity testing laboratory. Provides consulting services as specified in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) standards. All duties are delegated from the Laboratory Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Appropriate selection of the test methodology for the clinical use of the test results.
- Verification of the test procedures performed and the establishment of the laboratory’s test performance characteristics, including the precision and accuracy of each test and test system.
- Establishing a quality control program appropriate for the testing performed and establishing the parameters for acceptable levels of analytic performance and ensuring that these levels are maintained throughout the entire testing process.
- Resolution of technical problems and assurance that remedial actions have been taken and that the test system is functioning properly
- Identifies training needs and assures that each individual performing testing receives regular in-service training and education.
- Evaluates and documents competency of testing personnel at least semiannually during the first year the employee tests patient specimens and annually thereafter. Direct observation must be performed.
- Maintains standard and ethics at all times, to include compliance with applicable privacy regulations, if any.
- Participates in clinic performance improvement activities to measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduate of an accredited institution with a Bachelor of Science Degree in a chemical, physical or biological science or medical technology
Preferred Qualifications: At least two years of laboratory experience in non-waived testing, in the designated specialty or subspecialty area of service for which the technical consultant is responsible
Current Registration as a medical technologist with the American Society of Medical Technology (ASMT), the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org