In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Teacher Aide (IT/Other)
Supervisor: Senior Director of Academic Services or Designee
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administrator
Responsible for assisting the Teacher in the planning and implementation of the classroom program. This includes but is not limited to assisting with self-care activities, indoor and outdoor learning activities, meal or snack time activities, and student transportation duties, as applicable. Competency to provide effective and nurturing teacher-student interactions, plan and implement learning experiences that ensure effective curriculum implementation and use of assessment and promote student’s progress across the standards as outlined in applicable program centers, which includes students with disabilities and dual language learners, as applicable
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to assist at each program center as assigned by supervisor which includes Child Care Center, Head Start Center, and Tribal Student Services
- Provide effective and nurturing teacher-student interactions,
- Plan and implement learning experiences that ensure effective curriculum implementation and use of assessment
- Support services and individualization activities for students
- Assist teacher with ongoing observations in support of screening and assessment.
- Provide feedback to classroom teacher in the area of individualization documentation
- Reinforce lessons presented by teachers by reviewing material with students one-on-one or in small groups
- Support a healthy and nurturing environment for all students
- Support staff and student ratios.
- Provide activities for students on the bus, as applicable to center program
- Maintain current emergency information for all students on the bus, as applicable.
- Provide First Aid/CPR as required.
- Properly label and follow sanitation requirements for the program
- Assist with food sanitation requirements during field trips, events, etc., as applicable
- Assist teacher in planning for individual needs of students
- Assist by reinforcing activities for students in collaboration with teacher.
- Support and implement appropriate redirection practices to assist all students
- Assist teacher with daily documentation in reference to daily observations as instructed
- Release students only to parents, guardians, or to persons who have been designated by the parents and documented in the student’s file
- Serve as an information liaison between the Education staff and the parents/guardians
- Provide a supportive and inclusive environment for all students
- Provide teacher with individual student’s input based on daily observations
- Assist teacher in the implementation of the curriculum as applicable to the center program
- Assist teacher in making sure all aspects of child development are integrated in classroom activities, as applicable to center program
- Assist teacher in establishing an open and ongoing communication with parents/guardians
- Support the development of the weekly lesson plans by providing input as to classroom observations of individual children or groups
- Assist teacher with documentation and record keeping
- Maintains open communication with parents/guardians
- Builds relationships with students to create a positive, safe, and welcoming classroom environment
- Assist teacher in encouraging parental involvement and participation in parent meetings and workshops.
- Assist teacher by continuously monitoring for appropriate environments for students
- Enforce school and class rules to help teach students proper behavior
- Report any unsafe, unhealthy or threatening item to the teacher or other applicable staff
- Provide appropriate materials and supplies to students throughout the day.
- Monitor students to keep them from entering dangerous situations or areas.
- Assist in supervising students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess, and on field trips, as applicable.
- Monitor students leaving the classroom, including the bus (as applicable), and so that they are released only to authorized persons.
- Attend workshops, conferences and all in-service trainings. Participate in professional development activities. Maintain training hours and documentation as required.
- Support student transportation needs, where and as applicable.
- Participate in meal service with students as applicable to center program
- Support guidance and redirection practices to support a healthy earning environment for all students
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings as instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain regular attendance and notify supervisor when absent and/or late.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Associate’s Degree or 45 college hours leading to a degree in Education or related field. Some experience working with students from early childhood age and older
Preferred Qualifications: A Bachelor of Arts Degree, or Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field preferred. Strong experience working with students from early childhood to high school
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org