In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Staff Dentist
Supervisor: Health Director
Division: Tribal Academic and Human Services Administration
Department: Kickapoo Community Health Center
The Staff Dentist is responsible for general practice dentistry, which includes the diagnosis, prevention and treatments of injuries, disease, deformities of the oral-maxillofacial structure. This includes trauma and infection to or of dental origin. The individual in this position is expected to be versatile and willing to assume responsibility.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide routine dental services: General restorative, preventive procedures, crown, bridge, removable prosthetics, endodontics, oral surgery within capacity of knowledge and skills.
- Provides comprehensive dental care to clinic patients according to accepted guidelines.
- Educates patients and staff in proper oral health care and dental hygiene.
- Provides continuity of care by directing patients to other facilities when his/her needs exceed the scope of services available at this facility and based on the availability of funding.
- Assesses dental care for patients, utilizing patient history and dental examinations, and implements appropriate treatment plan.
- Provide basic emergency medical care as the condition warrants and within the scope of the dentist’s training.
- Supervises the manufacture of dental lab prosthetic devices in the dental laboratory; insures timely completion of all dental lab cases.
- Acts as liaison between dental lab vendors as it relates to patients order specifications, invoice accuracy and processing as needed. Is responsible for the quality assurance of dental lab.
- Monitors infection control practices within the dental laboratory; insures compliance with the established Infection Control Protocols of the Dental Program.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policy for the dental lab operation of the Dental Program.
- Is responsible for maintaining and procuring adequate supplies for the dental lab operation.
- Provides clinical supervision of dental hygiene and dental assistants. .
- Other duties may be assigned within the scope and complexity of this position’s essential functions.
- Must attend any and all mandatory trainings offered through the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas.
- Employee must maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of patient data and information according to privacy regulations, including HIPAA.
- Responsible for learning and accurately documenting all patient diagnosis and plans in Electronic Dental Record system.
- Work alongside clinic radiation safety office to maintain radiation quality control standards set by state of Texas.
- Provide consultations services as needed to KTTT purchase referred care for patient referred services.
- Employee assures age and culturally appropriate, holistic patient care based on mission, standards and policies; adheres to standards of relevant regulatory agencies.
- Employee participates in clinic performance improvement activities to measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Employee must consistently be courteous to patients, staff and visitors.
- Perform other work-related job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduate of accredited dental school or university in Dental Surgery (DDS) or Dental Medicine (DMD.) School must be approved by the American Dental Association.
Must possess a current State License to practice Dentistry
Previous/current two years of experience in a dental practice or clinic setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred Experience: Residence training experience, hospital experience or have been practicing for over 5 years; good computer skills and understanding of electronic record keeping.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org