In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Road Maintenance Worker
Supervisor: Road & Bridge Director
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Department: Road & Bridge
The Road Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining all roads and bridges in the KTTT reservation and county roads that are in the tribal inventory with heavy duty equipment. Employee shall follow safety standards as well as tribal policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Operate tools and equipment within machine capacity to perform road and bridge repair, maintenance and construction; fabricate, replace or repair signs and remove or trim roadside vegetation interfering with road or driver safety.
- Clean culverts, dig ditches, rakes asphalt, patches potholes, fills cracks, clears brush and perform other general labor jobs as assigned.
- Provide traffic control including sign placement and flagging to guide traveling public safely through work zones while protecting co-workers.
- Perform routine machinery maintenance and preventive care.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to manager immediately.
- Ensure a maximum level of professionalism and satisfaction is achieved and maintained with employees and tribal members
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: One (1) year experience on operation of heavy duty machinery.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com