Reviews and coordinates routine, single-order purchase request in accordance with Tribal and Casino policies and within Federal Funding Agency procurement guidelines.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Review purchasing requisitions to ensure compliance with the Tribe and Casino purchasing procedures, Federal Funding Agency and Kickapoo Gaming Commission approved procurement guidelines, and user requirements.
- Process Requisitions into Purchase Orders, notify appropriate personnel of any issues that arise with the item(s) requisitioned or on the Purchase Order, and distribute copies of Purchase Orders to appropriate departments.
- Interact with vendor and departments regarding procedures and status of Purchase Orders, until orders are received complete.
- Request quotes, as needed.
- Research new vendors, as needed.
- Maintain records in accordance with established policies and procedures and audit guidelines.
- Keeps records, and ensures proposal processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Receives specifications and creates requests for proposals, request for specifications for departments, as needed.
- Understands and executes all functions performed by the Purchasing Clerk for Casino and Tribal Operations, as needed.
- Assists the Supervisor with any task at hand.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor, Assistant Controller, Controller, or CFO.
Knowledge, skills and abilities for the position:
- Mathematics: Ability to perform simple arithmetic for accounting and other calculations.
- Language & Communication: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software and other software as needed.
- Ability to analyze purchasing requests/orders for compliance with Tribal procedures and Federal Funding Agency procurement guidelines.
- Ability to document work in progress.
- Ability to prepare requests for quotes in compliance with Tribal policies and procedures and with Federal Funding Agency procurement guidelines.
- Ability to complete moderately complex administrative paperwork.
- Ability to resolves customer complaints and concerns.
In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com