In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Occupancy Coordinator
Supervisor: Housing Director
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
This position performs a variety of important administrative and operational functions in support of the housing operations area including, but not limited to, early arrival coordination, assisting with office administration, greet visitors, answer the telephone, screen/direct calls, take and relay messages. Provide information to employees, applicants, and vendors.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
An individual must be able to successfully perform each of the essential functions of this position listed below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Take and relay messages.
- Provide information to callers.
- Greet persons entering organization.
- Direct persons to correct destination.
- General administrative and clerical support.
- Schedule appointments.
- Receives and processes and follows-up on public housing applications.
- Educates and informs applicants of program requirements and responsibilities; Responds to visitor and public housing client inquiries, phone calls, correspondence, and e-mail in a timely and responsive manner.
- Updates computer records and public housing files accurately and timely with all rent changes, transfers, move-ins, move-outs, and other relevant public housing activity.
- Perform complex and detailed work involved in auditing files and entering data into computer to process rent determination certification documents, performing all duties in accordance with established procedures and governing policies and federal regulations.
- Ensures all records are full and complete according to HUD regulations, policies, and procedures; Files all information into hard copy files maintained for clients and purges all older files in file cabinets, boxing them for storage.
- Prepares and sends annual review letters to tenants; track tenant annual review dates; and update files as necessary.
- Schedules move-ins/outs and transfers; and completes all necessary paperwork to complete tenant files that move-in/out or transfer.
- Processes all request for change of housing submitted by clients, performs calculations and adjustments of rent affordability and reasonableness on a monthly basis.
- Conducts and completes all interim and annual re-certification reviews; verifies family composition and income; obtains third party verifications; calculates rents and notifies tenant of rent changes; and maintains and balances public housing control register within applicable timeframes.
- Monitor, verify, and edit all information processed by entering data. Maintain physical and computerized files, records information and prepare extensively detailed reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Analyzes detailed reports listing findings, completes corrective actions, and recommends changes to supervisory official.
- Prepare correspondence, inspect transactions, conduct routine investigations and prepare reports thereof; document each file and determine appropriate action based on information received.
- Prepares spreadsheets, reports, and letters and provides other documentation, as requested.
- Assists residents or applicants of housing programs with the goal of achieving maximum residency.
- Sends out mandatory monthly mailings for appointments, notices on income developments, and additional mailings as necessary.
- Assesses eligibility and collects required information, such as income.
- Provides information/customer service and maintains records.
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports and documents.
- Submit weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually or other reports as required.
- Implement and maintain office systems.
- Maintain schedules and calendars.
- Organize internal and external events.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Set up work procedures.
- Collate information.
- Maintain databases.
- Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally.
- Operate office equipment.
- Manage office space.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED) is preferred; at least 2 years’ experience in a business office setting.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and experience working with Housing database and reporting systems.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com