In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez HR@ktttribe.orgEmployment Application
Position: Security Officer
Supervisor: Program Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administrator
Department: New Hope/ Healing Grounds
Responsible for the safety and security of New Hope, Healings grounds residents, outpatients, visitors, and staff.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Patrols grounds and perimeter of New Hope, Healing Grounds daily for unauthorized persons or safety hazards.
- Insures gate is opened only for authorized persons and locked after entry.
- Responds promptly to security emergencies within New Hope, Healing Grounds.
- Is able to verbally de-escalate and manage verbal aggression from visitors, residents or outpatients.
- Inspects all packages brought to residents and prevents introduction of contraband in facility.
- Completes incident reports for any security infractions.
- Requests assistance from Tribal Police for issues of physical aggression or threats of weapons.
- Keeps Tribal Police informed of potential security problems.
- Attends weekly staff and/or trainings, and treatment team meetings.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be 21 years of age or older.
Must have or be willing to acquire CPR/1st Aid certification.
Must be able to comply with strict adherence to Federal Confidentiality Regulations and maintain resident/outpatient confidentiality.
Must be able to verbally de-escalate a potential threatening situation.
Must have some knowledge of alcohol and substance abuse and the recovery process.
Must have cultural awareness and sensitivity of Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ktttribe.org