In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Housing Welder Assistant
Supervisor: Housing Maintenance Supervisor
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Provides support to the welder during completion of a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Follow welder’s instructions.
- Maintain cleanliness of working area.
- Ensure welder has necessary tools and materials available.
- Weld metal parts or components together, using brazing, gas or arc welding equipment.
- Guide electrodes or torch along weld line at specified speed and angle to weld, melt, cut or trim metal.
- Select and insert electrode or gas nozzle into holder and connects hoses and cables to obtain gas or specified amperage, voltage, or polarity.
- Select and install torch, torch tip, filler rod, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure to obtain desired flame.
- Ignite torch or starts power supply and strikes arc.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fills holes and increases size of metal parts, using welding equipment.
- Preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace.
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position.
- Perform such other tasks related to the maintenance of residential structures as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED). One year of experience as a skilled welder, or the completion of a recognized welding apprenticeship. Experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Preferred Qualifications: Texas welder’s certification is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com