In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Groundskeeper/Maintenance Technician
Supervisor: Program Director/ Administrative Assistant
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: New Hope/ Healing Grounds
Is responsible for inspection of building structure and facility grounds. Performs routine maintenance activities of minor repairs and keeps grounds trimmed and clear of safety hazards.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry and use arms and legs for reaching and carrying.
- Must have knowledge of basic safety procedures when using electric tools/ladders.
- Must be able to use solvents or yard chemicals and safely store them.
- Must have cultural awareness and sensitivity of Kickapoo traditions religious beliefs and way of life.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by Program Director or Assistant Director which are consistent with the position and in compliance with agency polices and procedures.
Minimum Qualifications: Must be 21 years of age or older. Clean driving record. Must be able to pass Drug Test.
Preferred Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Bilingual, English, Spanish. Knowledge of Kickapoo language a plus. Previous work-related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com