In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez HR@ktttribe.orgEmployment Application
Position: General Welfare / ABON Benefits Specialist
Supervisor: Enrollment Supervisor
Division: Tribal Operations Administrator
This position is responsible for all tracking and compliance for the support program through General Welfare Assistance and Assistance Based on Need (ABON). The individual works directly with the Enrollment Director to ensure tribal members meet the support program criteria.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for overseeing the General Welfare and ABON Housing Support Program, as well as all similar programs that may be enacted by Tribal Council in the future.
- Review documentation to ensure it meets general welfare requirements and/or ABON requirements.
- Responsible for creating GW and ABON filing system and tracking worksheet for each member in need.
- If there are any concerns with how the GWP of a child in need of care funds are being used or managed, work closely with the Enrollment Director to provide documentation and supporting information for the Tribal Operations Administrator.
- As directed by the supervisor, prepare correspondence, memos, reports and forms regarding GWP and/or ABON program eligibility.
- Monitor and record individual’s eligibility as to the guidelines in the GWA and ABON Program.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality. All information is to remain confidential unless authorized by the Director, this is to include sharing of information with Tribal Employees not in the department and community.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as requested by the Director.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Director.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have a High school Diploma or GED equivalent for the position (prior job experience may substitute). Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Preferred Qualifications: Office experience, with data entry preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ktttribe.org