In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Foster Home Care Attendant
Supervisor: Foster Home Director
Division: Community Services Administration
Department: Foster Care
Responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for children of all ages within the foster home setting. Enhancing the lives of every child within the facility by providing essential and quality care to the children who are in Foster Care. You will work directly with being involved in every aspect of the children’s lives, from the physical part to the emotional part of their daily routines.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain total confidentiality about the children and any situation that may occur at the Foster Home.
- Provide for a child’s basic needs.
- Comfort children when they are upset, sick, or crying.
- Nurture and care for children
- Determine cause of distress.
- Provide positive guidance to help children develop the ability to be self- disciplined.
- Organize activities and implement routines that stimulate children’s physical, emotional intellectual and social growth.
- Maintain a developmentally appropriate environment for the children at all times.
- Provide active supervision to children at all times including while they are playing indoors, or outside or on a playground. Ensure no child in foster care is to be left home alone or without adult supervision.
- Prepare children for school on a daily basis; during times of virtual instruction ensure the children are on task, prepared and actively engaged in instruction and work with teacher to maintain communication and follow up with completion of assignments.
- Attendants assist the children with personal grooming, including bathing, dental hygiene, and diapering and disposal of diapers.
- Mobility is an issue for many young children, and home attendants help them get in and out of high chairs, bathtubs, cribs, beds, and vehicles.
- Bathe, dress, and change children clothing.
- Ensure children have adequate supplies in their area, or be able to restock the supplies that are missing from that specific area. Report and inform supervisor in advance when there is a need for additional supplies or materials.
- Daily sanitation and cleaning after activities, and basic housekeeping.
- Change bed linens and towels, launders clothing and linens, and keeps the house tidy.
- Develop a cleaning routine throughout the day that keeps all of the interactive areas sanitary and safe.
- Wash and iron clothes.
- Help child to learn good personal and oral hygiene habits. Model good hygiene habits e.g. perform good hand-washing techniques. Children learn by example.
- Prepare age appropriate meals such as bottles, food, snacks and other meals for children as required.
- Provide basic medical care
- Administer oral or topical medications as director by a physician or nurse under the direction of Foster Home Director.
- Change dressing and check vital signs or assist with prosthetics or respirators. In conjunction with this basic medical care, keep records as requested by health care providers and supervisor.
- Provide compassionate care for sick child(ren).
- Assist children in getting to appointments, especially medical appointments.
- Take and accompany children on outings, which involves doctor’s appointments, recreational outings, school functions, and etc.
- No child shall be transported without being properly secured in the age appropriate car seat/booster seat or seat belt restraint system.
- Maintain cooperative and productive relationships with other staff, being that working in this facility requires teamwork.
- Shop for essential items such as home needs, clothing, food, or other items as assigned by supervisor.
- May also be assigned to run errands for home.
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas, Indian Child Welfare, and Foster Care Program.
- Adhere to safety, health, wellness, and mitigation of the spread of disease through following procedure and policy as established by KTTT and program.
- Report any safety concerns or hazard related to facilities or equipment.
- Report and document concerns, incidents, or child behavior to Director/ Assistant Director.
- Provide documented a thorough daily report about the whole shift, including any incidents that may have occurred.
- Observe and report any hazardous conditions of the building, grounds or equipment to supervisor.
- Complete daily shift reports, incident reports, and other correspondence and documentation.
- Participate in trainings and professional development opportunities established by state guidelines and provided by the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aide certificates.
- Assist with all other tasks that are assigned by supervisor(s).
Must be 18 years of age or older.
A combination of: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED) and;
- 2-3 years’ experience in child care or child care related field; or
- 2-3 years patient or adult care; or
- Child development certification and 1 year experience with childcare.
Background Check Requirements:
Based Criminal Background Check Requirements Apply:
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Department of Family & Protective Services Central Registry Check
- Out-of-State Central Registry Check (if applicable)
- Fingerprint-Based Criminal Background Check with Federal Bureau of Investigation and Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Background Check with Sex Offender Registry
Disqualifying Criteria: Regulations implementing the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act require an individual to be denied employment if he or she has been convicted of any felony, or any two or more misdemeanor offenses, under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence, sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution, crimes against persons, or offenses committed against children.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org