In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Fixed Assets / Inventory Supervisor
Supervisor: Controller and Assistant Controller
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
This position will maintain a balanced general ledger for all fixed assets, WIP, & depreciation on a monthly basis. Make sure to have all backups & required journal entries to make transfers to all Tribal entities. Make sure to perform and understand GASBI requirements. Must be able to travel out-of-state and out-of-the country in order to perform inventories and or complete trainings.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the job duties of Fixed Assets/Inventory Clerk.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of staff and related workers.
- Be able to train & develop the respective duties Fixed Assets/Inventory Clerk.
- Perform yearly analysis on all insurance renewals for property, plant & equipment.
- Prepare write-offs whenever property, plant, & equipment are obsolete/traded-in for review by Staff Accountant.
- Implement fixed assets module/system.
- Assist in yearly (U.S. and MX) physical inventories and monthly (U.S.) inventories.
- Assist in analyzing monthly inventories against inventory module.
- Assist Staff Accountant in preparing yearly roll-forward schedule for external auditors.
- Perform a yearly auction for all Tribal Members for all obsolete property & equipment.
- Assist Staff Accountant with analysis & approval for all WIP projects for transfer to fixed assets.
- Submit requests to Staff Accountant for modification of add, delete, or transfer on assets.
- Assist in tagging whenever needed.
- Be able to perform and operate accounting software, purchasing module, and fixed assets module.
- Check for thresholds and reasonableness for all fixed assets purchases.
- Maintains or reviews the maintenance of property fixed asset records including maintenance of accurate, meaningful supporting documentation consisting of vendor invoices supporting the cost basis of the fixed asset.
- Assigns the useful lives for all fixed assets in accordance with company policy.
- Reviews the fixed asset detail listings with the Controller/Assistant Controller to ensure fixed assets are still in production and have not been demolished or otherwise removed from the operation.
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws, and any policy and procedure for the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by Tribal Controller, Assistant Tribal Controller, and CFO.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited university in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is required, or at least 3-5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Must pass required background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org