In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Facilities Technician
Supervisor: Maintenance manager / Supervisor
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Department: Tribal Maintenance
Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of carpentry painting or maintenance. Such as wall repairs and painting, minor plumbing or electrical work in all areas. Responsible for inventorying tools cleaning work areas testing equipment. Plus any other activities as required or requested by Supervisor.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Repair and Paint damaged walls or structures.
- Build, construct or repair walls, shelving, and perform preventive maintenance where needed.
- Install or repair floor tile, ceiling tile, or carpet.
- Repair roof leaks.
- Repair plumbing equipment and all kinds of plumbing leaks or repairs inside or outside of all buildings.
- Able to make minor repairs or modifications as instructed by electrician, plumber and HVAC specialist.
- Provides general and detailed maintenance, including patching, painting, hardware repairs and other repair/replacement work as required.
- Maintain assigned equipment and tools for availability and safe operating condition.
- Follows the Facilities Work Order system.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and assures that an adequate supply is always available.
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks etc.)
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving.
- Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Attention to detail.
- Change of all filters for HVAC as required.
- Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed.
- Performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for all facilities, including, but not limited to, carpentry, painting, plumbing, HVAC and electrical trades work. Ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of heating, electrical, and air conditioning equipment; replaces filters; identifies and reports more complex maintenance needs to Director.
- Inspects facilities and grounds for safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, and maintains purchase records within authorized budget.
- Maintains records and logs of daily activities.
- Perform such other tasks and duties as may be assigned from time to time by Maintenance Manager or Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED)
At least two years of experience in the maintenance field. Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
Preferred Qualifications: 5-10 years of working in facilities maintenance.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org