In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Tribal Education Administrator
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: Tribal Education Administration
The Executive Administrative Assistant responsible for managing the schedule and communications of the Division Administrator. Duties include but not limited to prioritizing emails, phone calls, gathering documents to prepare for meetings, conferences, and appointments, relays appropriate information to callers, trouble shoots office and departmental concerns, takes notes and otherwise relieves the KTTT Tribal Education Administrator (KTEA) of clerical work and day to day administrative and office operation detail by performing duties outlined.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Compile data and prepare reports for review, consideration, and presentations.
- Manage the office clerical and reception staff.
- Assist campus leadership with data and file review- as assigned by KTEA during high volume and traffic enrollment periods.
- Coordinates internal department correspondence, works independently on special and ongoing projects.
- Ensures the Education Administration inventory, office supplies, and purchasing needs are up to date, orders and tracked, ordered and received in a timely manner.
- Acts as point of contact at the request of KTEA which will include: planning and coordinating presentations; distributing information or coordinating mail outs to departments, business entities and employees.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Tribal Education Administrator’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the KTTT Executive Leadership Team and the division’s l Leadership Team, and other stakeholders Act as a liaison between KTTT Accounting and of KTEA office- as assigned
- Maintain central office record and tracking system for center/program approvals, denials, and official communications files- scanned digital and print copy.
- Assist with review of service charges, contracts, invoices, and billing and identifies discrepancies to address with Tribal Education Administrator or designee.
- Delivers time sheets and other administration related documentation to designees such as; accounting, and applications to payroll.
- Responsible for prescreening all communications, correspondence, and documentation prior to facilitating Tribal Education Administrator review and approval.
- Responsible for providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executives behalf
- Respond to all employee, or other inquiries in a professional and courteous manner within 24 hours of receiving the call
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering or meals when necessary
- Managing the executives calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Ensure central management documentation is prepared accurately and according to KTTT and KTEA policy.
- Ensures Tribal education administrator has reviewed all documents, contracts, and accounting documentation prior to requesting signatures all signatures are in place.
- Support and/or arrange/ reschedule/ or cancel meetings, conferences training and travel, including preparing meeting agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and meeting reports for department.
- Follow up on directives, assignments and deadlines assigned to various directors by division administrator.
- Work with leadership on center monitoring, reporting, and tracking for Central Office Strategic Projects.
- Serve as the secondary user for recruitment software; as assigned by HR Training & Recruitment Specialists.
- Coordinate on-site applicant reviews and prescreening efforts for interview candidates, and coordinate schedules with KTTT HR for potential candidates- as assigned by KTEA HR Training and Recruitment Manager
- Researches, prioritize, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Tribal Education Administrator, including but; not limited to those of a sensitive, time sensitive and/ or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Create and maintain confidential staff files- as assigned.
- Oversee and coordinate special projects for the KTEA.
- Receive and screen executive-level telephone calls that will include the need to transmit confidential information. Transmit accurate, and timely messages, follow up with all requested communications.
- Manage, facilitate, and track the upkeep of all central office supplies, files, resources, and other systems to ensure quality operations within the tribal education central office.
- Manage internal communications for Tribal Education Administrator related to Site based Directors and staff as needed.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Serves as HR and Education Director partner to assist in the recruitment and oboarding processes, employee records, new hire files, and training tracking and administration.
- Must have the ability to incorporate creative approaches to various projects by taking initiative and working independently.
- Responsible for filing active and inactive employee documents and files
- Ability to manage, coordinate, and follow up with the district calendar and schedule of appointments.
- Ensure the timely scheduling of meetings, facilities, and follow up appointments.
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or processes budgetary items and reimbursements.
- Maintain school-wide calendar, appointment schedules and any other form of calendars for department head.
- Manage calendars using Outlook, manage, review and flag email correspondence, assist with replying to email communications – as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality, ensure files are locked and documents are covered/ protected.
- Attend training deemed necessary by supervisor.
- Performs typing and transcription duties as required.
- Take and prepare meeting notes and minutes.
- Keep file and record of various reporting departments, operational policies and procedures, budgets, and other confidential documents as established by supervisor(s).
- Ensure to remain up to date, and thorough understanding of KTEA operations, centers, reporting deadlines, grants, programs, policies and procedures.
- Prepared to draft/assemble presentations from beginning to end. This should include, but not be limited to, requesting materials from a variety of sources (employees/various business units), ensuring that all information is submitted in a timely fashion, and pulling together a draft presentation for the Tribal Education Administrator’s review.
- Use excellent written and oral communication skills, in a professional manner, throughout all levels of the organization and when interacting with visitors, customers, suppliers, etc.
- Perform other duties assigned by KTTT Tribal Education Administrator.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and 3or more years of experience in successful office management and executive support experience in field
Must be able to comply with strict adherence to KTTT and Federal Confidentiality Regulations and maintain client confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Child Development, Business, Management, ELA, Social Science or related field or Last year of University and/or over 120 hours of college level course work; and
1-2 years’ Experience in management/supervision with an exemplary record working in a fast-paced office environment and Two years clerical/ administrative project management within grants, executive administration, education central office or human resources.
Preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org