In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Employee Licensing Specialist
Supervisor: Licensing Supervisor
Division: Kickapoo Traditional Council
Department: Gaming Commission
Responsible for the processing of Tribal Gaming applications for all Class II gaming employees. Conduct background investigations to ensure the honesty, integrity, and good character of gaming employees of the Kickapoo Lucky Eagle Casino, help maintain all licensing records and write Investigative Reports (IR) along with Suitability Reports (SR) for employee Background investigations that have been completed. Must be willing to become knowledgeable of and then be in compliance with the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA), National Indian Gaming Commission Regulations (NIGC), Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas (KTTT) Gaming Ordinance and other applicable licensing laws and regulations. Assist Licensing Supervisor in completing all licensing functions to include conducting Background investigation dealing with but not limited to, employment and character reference verification, credit check and criminal history.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist in the processing of tribal gaming licensing applicants for Class II gaming in accordance to KTTT Gaming Commission and the National Indian Gaming Commission guidelines.
- Cooperate with various outside entities, including all casino operation departments, local, State, Tribal and Federal Law enforcement and judicial entities, agents of the NIGC, IGRA and anyone else designated by the Gaming Commission in the completion of Background Investigations and compliance matters related to the tribal license application process.
- As needed, communicate directly with the NIGC regarding decisions concerning a license in a timely and professional manner as the regulations dictate.
- Assist with all aspects of being a gaming licensor for casino employees, including fingerprinting and processing of fingerprint submissions, required signature forms, payroll deductions, and use of the Identification card machine/digital camera for issuance of licensee identification badges.
- Complete assigned duties to include completing the required IRs/SRs per week while ensuring that all work is checked for accuracy, neatness and conformance with all policies and procedures.
- Due to the amount of work involved must maintain good attendance and be agreeable to working early/late hours or on weekends if needed.
- Maintain a pleasant, friendly, and welcoming attitude at all times.
- All KGC employees are responsible to ensure that their designated operations are in compliance with Tribal and Federal gaming regulations.
- All KGC employees must abide by Kickapoo Gaming Commission confidentiality policies. The release or divulging of any information obtained during the course of the job will be considered a breach of confidentiality and will be cause for immediate termination.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED). Two (2) Four (4) years’ of gaming experience with prior regulatory, law enforcement or investigative experience is desired.
Preferred Qualifications: College course work in general office practices, data processing, and criminal justice or other related field helpful.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org