In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Financial Services Clerk
Supervisor: Financial Services Coordinator
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Division
Department: Kickapoo Tribal Education Administration
The Financial Services Clerk is considered an office clerical position and will directly report to the Financial Services Coordinator. The Financial Services Clerk will provide support to all Educational Programs and Services by processing, tracking, recording all purchases orders and delivering for Tribal Education Administration.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides general clerical duties including preparing correspondence, forms, reports and spreadsheets; coding appropriate budget numbers; processing timesheets; answering phones; copying; filing; room scheduling and ordering office supplies.
- Coordinates and schedules various meetings, travel reservations, training sessions and bid openings with staff, administrators and stakeholders.
- Work with TSS Case College and Career Services, Academic Services, and KTEA Operations Coordinator to comprehensively review student financial aid disbursements and identify areas of need and financial reporting.
- Develop and create a financial services improvement plan that will enable, track and improve the quality, compliance, collection and services related to financial assistance.
- Analyzes various in-person and telephone requests to respond with appropriate referrals and request for information.
- Maintains confidentiality of all documents and information involving students and staff.
- Provide KTTT parents and communities with options, advice, resources, and support parents with education, referrals and eligibility requirements regarding the program.
- Provide options and advise students and parents about self-help financial aid programs, eligibility requirements, and application processes.
- Work closely with center management teams to develop financial services data tracking calendar for key disbursements, payouts, and other educational assistance.
- Prepare check requests, coordinate payments with outside institutions, and other funding related needs for Tribal Students eligible for financial aid.
- Develop a student financial aid database or tracking system that will ensure the division is tracking student’s financial assistance across age and grade levels.
- Support funds analyst or operations coordinator in other funding or finance related areas.
- Ensure that all program and assistance requests meet the program and eligibility guidelines prior to processing.
- Creates and manages vendor relationships related to ordering supplies and miscellaneous office equipment.
- Team player with a positive “can do” approach.
- Greet persons entering organization in a friendly and professional manner.
- Maintain appointment diary both manually and electronically. Must have manual appointment diary in their possession during all meetings for scheduling purposes.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Manage and maintain a neat, welcoming, and professional office environment.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other documents using word relevant computer software.
- Follow up on directives, assignments and deadlines assigned to Financial Services team.
- Researches, prioritize, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Tribal Education Operations Director, including but not limited to those of a sensitive, time sensitive and/ or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Responsible for prescreening all communications, correspondence, and documentation prior to facilitating Tribal Education Administrator review and approval.
- Report any lost, misplaced or stolen goods to the Tribal Education Operations Director.
- Sustained concentration and attention to detail and accuracy & ability to prioritize a complex workload.
- Oversee, coordinate, maintain, and/or processes budgetary items and reimbursements.
- Assist campus leadership with data and file review- as assigned by KTEA during high volume and traffic enrollment periods. .
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by Tribal Education Operations Director or designee.
Minimum Qualifications: Associates Degree or equivalent technical degree and/or minimum 5 to 10 years of managerial experience in supervisory or office management.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or Economics or related field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in supervisory or office management. Preferred and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bi-lingual speaker (Spanish and English) is preferred.
Regulations implementing the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act require an individual to be denied employment if he or she has been convicted of any felony, or any two or more misdemeanor offenses, under Federal, State, or Tribal law involving crimes of violence, sexual assault, molestation, exploitation, contact or prostitution, crimes against persons, or offenses committed against children.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com