In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez HR@ktttribe.orgEmployment Application
Supervisor: Food Service Director
Division: Tribal Education
Prepare and cook family-style meals at Elderly Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Nutrition Center. Usually prepare meals in large quantities rather than to individual order. Responsible for ensuring preparation of all menu items through proper food handling and storage of all food items in accordance with safe food handling procedures and CACFP and Summer Grants.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Cook food according to menu, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, and number of persons to be served.
- Prepare and cook vegetables, salads, dressings, and desserts.
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas for cleanliness and functional operation.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Must be able to work and clean all areas of the kitchen.
- Ensure that quality standards and service are maintained for property, product, and people.
- Responsible for supporting the entire team during peak business hours or When short in staff
- Will operate from 9:30am to 7pm to accommodate all of the afterschool Programs. Will provide snack or meals for students, staff, or parents that may attend Any program or special planned event.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED)
Three years of experience including one year preparing meals according to specialized diets.
Preferred Qualifications: At least one year experience in cooking in a commercial atmosphere kitchen.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@ktttribe.org