Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas
In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
Performs a variety of routine clerical, administrative and technical work in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information; keeping official records; and assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the dispatch center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Monitor telephones and radio in the dispatch center, answer all incoming calls and ascertain nature of call, gathers all necessary information to transmit or relay.
- Dispatch police and other response vehicles for emergency responses; broadcast nature, location and time of incident; contact all required personnel and other local concerns such as the fire department in the event of an emergency situation; insures the presence of reserve units by contacting personnel designated for call-back; relay information as required.
- Maintain log on radio and telephone communications, location of personnel and equipment; in the event of an emergency situation, maintains on-going contact with the responding personnel and keeps them informed of all incoming pertinent information; keep track of various information such as traffic lights out and streets closed and keep emergency personnel informed.
- Maintain dispatch center work area and equipment in clean and working condition.
- Operate radios as needed and assists in radio communications; operate base radio as required.
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Input data to standard office and department forms, both manual and automated; make simple postings to various reports; compile and tabulate data.
- Maintain dispatch documents and records; prepare case reports.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; some knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Some skill in operation of the listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to perform cashier duties accurately.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Mathematics: Ability to perform simple arithmetic for time-keeping and other calculations.
- Language & Communication: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to understand, provide and follow written and verbal direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED)
Specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting or bookkeeping.
Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org