In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Division: Tribal Administration
Department: Law Enforcement
Performs a variety of routine clerical, administrative and technical work in receiving and dispatching routine and emergency information; keeping official records; and assisting in the administration of the standard operating policies and procedures of the dispatch center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Monitor telephones and radio in the dispatch center, answer all incoming calls and ascertain nature of call, gathers all necessary information to transmit or relay.
- Dispatch police and other response vehicles for emergency responses; broadcast nature, location and time of incident; contact all required personnel and other local concerns such as the fire department in the event of an emergency situation; insures the presence of reserve units by contacting personnel designated for call-back; relay information as required.
- Maintain log on radio and telephone communications, location of personnel and equipment; in the event of an emergency situation, maintains on-going contact with the responding personnel and keeps them informed of all incoming pertinent information; keep track of various information such as traffic lights out and streets closed and keep emergency personnel informed.
- Maintain dispatch center work area and equipment in clean and working condition.
- Operate radios as needed and assists in radio communications; operate base radio as required.
- Compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Input data to standard office and department forms, both manual and automated; make simple postings to various reports; compile and tabulate data.
- Maintain dispatch documents and records; prepare case reports.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED)
Specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting or bookkeeping.
Two (2) years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org