Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas
The Community Wellness Center Lead Evening supervisor will assist in the recreational community programs held at the Community Wellness Center. The supervisor will be responsible for the opening and end of day job duties, as well as designating work areas to the evening staff. During the school year, the supervisor will work specifically with the afterschool recreational program in the afternoon as well as the summer program held from June through August. In addition, the supervisor will help facilitate programs held within the facility, as well as perform additional job duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Assist CWC Manager and Assistant Manager in planning and facilitating community events/activities held throughout the year
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Implement recreation programs for the community
- Keep daily attendance and document participation in activities.
- Work one-on-one with the evening and weekend staff, and assist in designating work areas within the facility.
- Engage in prevention and intervention activities, projects, trainings and presentations held throughout the year
- Set up program areas as needed.
- Encourage community to attend programs and events
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures within the facility and during events
- Be alert to environmental safety hazards, wet floors, faulty equipment and report immediately to supervisor.
- Cooperate and demonstrate respect with all staff and volunteers at all times.
- Attend all staff meetings and in-services as scheduled.
- Be prompt during student pick-up and drop offs, occurring after extracurricular activities held at school(s) and be willing to fill in when drivers are absent.
- Must be able to work evenings/weekends
- Report all incidents/accidents to management immediately.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by Community Wellness Center Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR THE POSITION:
- Ability to proficiently operate a personal computer, calculator, copy and fax machine, phone, portable radio, automobile.
- Mathematics: Ability to perform simple arithmetic for time-keeping and counting calculations.
- Language & Communication: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
This position does not carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of experience in a parks and recreation setting.
High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED).
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work-related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
Special certifications required:
Must have a valid Texas State Driver’s license and must be insurable.
Must adhere to Personnel Policies and Alcohol Policies.
Able to obtain Food Handler, First Aid and CPR certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and sometimes lift and/ or move more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The employee must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
The employee must have a normal range of hearing and be able to talk.
The employee must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
Lighted, ventilated and temperature controlled indoor environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while indoors and moderately loud when in the field.
The work environment can occasionally be stressful.
In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com