In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Supervisor: Foster Care Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: Foster Care
Prepare and cook family-style meals at the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Foster Home. Generally prepare meals in large quantities rather than to individual order.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
An individual must be able to successfully perform each the essential functions of this position listed below with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Cook food family-style meals in big quantities, and special dietary or nutritional restrictions (if needed).
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, and poultry.
- Bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Plan menus, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Order food supplies, kitchen equipment and appliances, other kitchen supplies and receive food deliveries.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas for cleanliness and functional operation.
- Prepares and serves meals to children and staff attending to the children needs.
- Will be essential to cook on a daily basis, be near the stove, and be able to walk inside the step-in freezer.
- Maintain food cost records and accounts.
- Wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, other cooking equipment, refrigerators and freezers.
- Wear appropriate clothing when working around the stove, nothing loose, in order to create safety when working around the stove.
- Must wear a hair net when in the kitchen, preparing and cooking food.
- Must practice proper hand sanitizing.
- Monitor the inventory of dinner ware and inform Foster Care Director when appear to be low inventory due to breakage or other reason. Foster Care Director will re-order as needed.
- Clean and disinfect the kitchen and the dining room daily.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisors.
Minimum Qualification: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED) with 2 years of experience, preferably 5 years of experience in related field.
Two years of experience including one year preparing meals according to specialized diets, if any.
Preferred Qualifications: Vocational or technical school diplomas are preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com