In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: CHS Registration Clerk
Supervisor: Business Office Manager
Division: Tribal Academic and Human Services Administration
Department: Community Health Services
Responsible for optimizing patients’ satisfaction by politely greeting patients, thoroughly collecting, identifying and inputting individual demographic and third-party payer eligibility information for accurate patient enrollment and processing at Kickapoo Community Health Center (KCHC). Provides administrative support, which includes but is not limited to medical billing, cashiering and clerical duties for Kickapoo Community Health Center as needed.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Renders excellent customer service when greeting and assisting individuals upon arrival at CHS department.
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Determines an individual’s eligibility for KCHC services. This includes verifying Native American descendancy and/or employee status.
- Responsible for inputting and updating verified patient information into Next Gen Practice Management system at every visit.
- Responsible for obtaining patient and or guardian signatures on required consent forms for patient processing before consulting with physician or using clinic resources.
- Responsible for identifying accompanying adult of minor patient to facility and updating custodial changes at every visit.
- Collect proof of third party coverage, eligibility, benefit breakdown, and consent for assigned benefits as applicable for all patients’ at each visit as applicable.
- Responsible for maintaining patient paper and electronic files up to date and protect confidentially at all times.
- Maintains and adheres to responsible use of third party portal access to patient online eligibility, benefit breakdown, and/or claim status.
- Updates patient’s guarantor and responsible parties in system including termination date of third party coverage when applicable.
- Responsible for training staff members regarding the patient registration process, and required documentation needed for KCHC registration.
- Performs receptionist duties, including but not limited to answering, transferring and screening phone calls or taking massages as needed. Responds to all voicemails within 24 hours.
- Schedules appointments through computerized scheduling program in accordance with set clinic guidelines for all KCHC resources.
- Reminds and recalls patients for upcoming KCHC appointments and follows up with patients who no show to their appointments.
- Responsible for full checkout process of patients. This includes collecting copay payments, dropping charges to patients account, and issuing accurate receipts according to clinic services rendered and monies paid.
- Preforms end of day reports and duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides general information to the public regarding operating hours, services available, event details, and referral telephone numbers to other agencies and tribes.
- Pages emergency codes as directed in accordance to safety policies and procedures; pages employees as necessary using strict paging guidelines.
- Adhere to 1974 Privacy Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act 1996 (HIPAA), and its requirement involving confidentiality.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them, logging release and transmitting them securely and appropriately.
- Performs other functions as assigned by supervisor or designee.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED certificate. 2 years related office experience in healthcare or office setting. Computer experience required.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of Medical Terminology. Previous work-related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org