Website Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas
In general, a Childcare Caregiver will maintain safe and stimulating surroundings for young children under the KTTT Tribal Education Child Care Program, this program typically reports to the Child Care Center Manager, in the absence of the Child Care Center manager the position will report to designated supervisor staff.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Come up with creative and educational activities, preparing and serving snacks to children and maintain a clean environment for the children.
- Must adhere to minimum safety requirements of the program
- Responsible for the well-being of the children under their care.
- Must document all incident regarding child safety
- Must comply with center policies, procedures, and practices
- Must report any concerns related to child abuse and neglect to appropriate authorities and supervisor.
- Arrange activities for children and provide them with a chance to explore, learn, and grow in a positive environment.
- Assist in other projects as assigned by the Lead Caregiver, Supervisor, or Program Director.
- Assist in the formation of a classroom setting conducive to learning and suitable to the physical, social, and emotional growth of students.
- Assist volunteers assigned to the same classroom.
- Assist the Lead Caregiver in planning and carrying out classroom activities.
- Be responsible for housekeeping tasks to maintain the order of the child care.
Knowledge, skills and abilities for the position:
- Knowledge and implementation of KTTT Standards and Guidelines.
- Knowledge of Minimum Standards Rules for the State of Texas for child care facilities
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of the children in their care and for their ability to respond appropriately to these needs promote a healthy and safe child-care environment
- Ability to provide written documentation as applicable for the program.
- Knowledge of safety issues concerning infants and children.
- Knowledge of working in an early childhood setting.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment.
- Ability to manage and maintain security of confidential data and information.
- Ability to manage flexible hours.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal direction.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Be punctual
- Cultural awareness of and sensitivity to Kickapoo traditions, religious beliefs and way of life.
- Evidence of enjoying working and interaction with children.
- Kind and even tempered.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English, Kickapoo and Spanish, and communicate effectively with others.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills to converse with children, fellow co-workers, parents or guardians.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic for time-keeping and counting calculations.
- Positive attitude.
- Caring and compassionate attitude when interacting with and caring for children
- Strong organizational, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Advanced multitasking and organizational skills to handle multiple children at a time.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or high school equivalent diploma with 2 years of experience in Childcare or related field. or Working towards a Child Development Associate (CDA) with experience in child care or related field
Preferred Qualifications: Child Development Associate (CDA) or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, child development or another related field with 3 years of experience in Child Care or related field.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
Special certification required:
Valid CPR and first-aid certifications
Must have a valid Texas State Driver’s license and must be insurable.
Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
Must adhere to Personnel Policies and Alcohol Policies.
Have a current record of a tuberculosis examination, showing the employee is free of contagious TB, if required by the Texas Department of State Health Services or local health authority
Requires successful completion of a background investigation that includes a fingerprint based criminal history search.
Name-Based Criminal Background Check with Texas Department of Public Safety
Department of Family & Protective Services Central Registry Check
Out-of-State Central Registry Check (if applicable)
Fingerprint-Based Criminal Background Check with Federal Bureau of Investigation and Texas Department of Public Safety.
Background Check with Sex Offender Registry
In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.comEmployment Application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org