In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena email@example.com
Position: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Supervisor: Director of Nursing/Contract Pharmacist
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
Department: Kickapoo Community Health Center
Under the supervision of the Contract Pharmacist for job related duties and the Director of Nursing for administrative functions, the Certified Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacist to prepare, distribute, label, package drugs and keep accurate records as required by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Pharmacist in preparing, labeling and dispensing medication including order entry.
- Verify prescription information and dosage.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare prescription orders; select medication; prepare labels; calculate quantity; assemble equipment and supplies; ensures pharmacist review.
- Dispense medication(s) to patient and give instructions in accordance to pharmacy policies and procedures.
- Assist patients with prescription and refill ordering process.
- Mix pharmaceutical preparations, identify unusual drug requests and report them to the Pharmacist.
- Establish and maintain patient medication profiles including filing of prescription drug records, list of medications, allergies, etc.
- Deliver medications to nurse and/or provider.
- Check expired drugs and supplies.
- Aid in prepackaging the operations of pharmacy equipment.
- Assist with quality control and quality assurance activities.
- Receive, account for, store and order department supplies/medications through standard stock amounts in coordination with the Pharmacist. Continuously monitor inventory.
- Operate pharmacy information system by entering patient and prescription orders into the system; enter other data to maintain on hand inventory records.
- Process records of medication and durable medical supply dispensed to patient, calculate appropriate day supply, and enter data into pharmacy software.
- Report all drug adverse events.
- Perform clerical duties:
- Greet patients in person and answer questions and requests; refer inquiries to the Pharmacist
- Answer and return phone calls in a timely manner.
- Assist with third party billing (online claims, rejections and prior authorization) to ensure proper reimbursement.
- Assist with calculating, recording and issuing charges when indicated.
- Adhere to infection control practices, policies and procedures.
- Maintain work area safe, clean and orderly by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintain standard and ethics at all times, to include compliance with applicable privacy regulations, if any.
- Employee must maintain confidentiality, security and integrity of patient data and information according to applicable privacy regulations, if any.
- Employee assures age and culturally appropriate, holistic patient care based on mission, standards and policies; adheres to standards of relevant regulatory agencies.
- Employee participates in clinic performance improvement activities to measure, assess and improve the quality of patient care.
- Employee must consistently be courteous to patients, staff and visitors.
- Under limited direct supervision, makes decisions that directly affect patient well-being and comfort with moderate consequence of error.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program.
Preferred Qualifications: Two years’ experience as a pharmacy technician in a clinic or hospital setting preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org