In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Case Worker
Supervisor: ICW Director
Division: Tribal Academic & Human Services Administration
The ICWS Caseworker’s responsibility is to investigate and determine whether or not children are in an abusive or neglectful environment and to aid parents by educating and providing support to modify behaviors that are detrimental to family function. The ICWS Caseworker also organizes and achieves the goal of a vision based on the Indian Child Welfare Act.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Investigating, interviewing and gathering information to see if abuse or neglect occurred and if intervention is necessary while considering both risk and safety issues.
- Checking children for signs of abuse or neglect.
- Aid parents with child rearing problems and children and youth with difficulties in social adjustments: Investigate home conditions to protect children from harmful environment.
- Evaluate children’s physical and psychological makeup to determine needs. Refer child and parent or guardian to community resources according to needs of child.
- Evaluate foster home environmental factors and personal characteristics of adoption applicants to determine suitability of foster home situation, plans for child’s care, interactional behavior modifications needed, or rehabilitation.
- Place children in foster or adoptive homes.
- Maintain detailed case history records and required reports.
- Usually required to have knowledge and skill in casework methods acquired through degree programs at school of social work or experience in working in a similar field.
- May specialize in specific area of child-directed casework and be designated according to work performed as Investigator, Caseworker, child placement (social service); Casework, Protective Services (social Ser.)
- Counsel individuals or family members regarding behavior modifications, rehabilitation, social adjustment, financial assistance, vocational training, child care, or medical care.
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems and children and youth with difficulties in social adjustments.
- Interview individuals to assess social and emotional capabilities, physical and mental impairments, and financial needs.
- Refer the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas community and outside resources for needed assistance.
- Provide service coordination for students whose behavior, school progress, or mental or physical impairment indicates need for assistance.
- Testifying in court.
- Maintain a balance of objectivity and empathy for families in stressful and crisis situations.
- Arrange for medical, psychiatric and other tests that may disclose cause of difficulties and indicate remedial measures.
- Consult with parents, teachers, and other school personnel to determine causes of problems and effects solutions.
- Serve as liaison between students, home, school, family service agencies, law enforcement agencies, child guidance clinics, courts, and protective services, doctors, and tribal members.
Minimum Qualifications: Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in one of the human behavioral science field. One year of full-time professional social casework experience acquired after the degree, in a public or private Social Service Agency, in an assignment appropriate to the position. One year of the required experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org