In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Carpenter for Home Construction
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor/Housing Director
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Responsible for designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures, furniture, and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Follow blueprints, building plans or instructions from Supervisors
- Install structures and fixtures, such as doors, windows and molding
- Measure, cut, or shape wood, plastic, fiberglass, drywall, and spaces for installation accurately
- Construct building frameworks, including wall studs, floor joists, and doorframes. Install partitions, windows, etc.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
- Orders building materials as needed
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and sanders to repair and erect structures
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure
- Install cabinets and molding
- Create structures for pouring concrete
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors
- Move and install machinery
- Uses skills in other related trades such as plumbing, roofing, bricklaying, painting, tiling, plastering, etc.
- Uses power tools and other tools to cut and shape wood, metal, and other materials
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED) and 3 years of experience in home construction; work experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Preferred Qualifications: Previous work related experience is preferred.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com