In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Ricardo Barcena firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Applications Specialist
Supervisor: Tech Support Manager
Division: Tribal Operations Administration
Department: Information Technology
Deliver support to end users about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. This includes troubleshooting applications and software for all internal customers, such as operations, development, and other business units. Also assists in the design, delivery, and improvement of in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided and listens and responds to guest and employee concerns and questions.
- Creates and deploys feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyzes results, makes recommendations for support process improvement, and implements changes.
- Fields incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Documents all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritizes, schedules, and administers all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Performs hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Records, tracks, and documents the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Communicates application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
- Tests, fixes and performs post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintains and enhances performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Coordinates with department heads to assess departmental application training needs and objectives.
- Participates in the design, development, and delivery of software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Posts software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on company intranet to assist in problem resolution.
- Performs preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, etc.
- Applies diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Evaluates documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivates and disseminates knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Compiles and maintains inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Attends, and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Manages and maintains security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Associates degree in computer science, information engineering or other related fields, , or 8 years equivalent work experience managing applications and/or systems management.
Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
Extensive experience with core software applications.
Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
Preferred Qualifications: Four-year college or university degree in computer systems design or computer science and 3-5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com