In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez firstname.lastname@example.orgEmployment Application
Position: Facilities Specialist
Supervisor: Facilities Director
Division: Reservation Services Administration
Under the direction of Facilities Director, ensures the design, construction, repair and maintenance of all fire, intrusion and life safety systems (systems) meet Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas expectations. Incumbent receives and evaluates work orders and requests, investigates requests and troubleshoots problems where appropriate, establishes priorities and coordinates with contractors, when required, to make necessary repairs. Incumbent provides subject matter expertise related to systems. Incumbent manages the work of outside contractors to make sure all work meets Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas requirements and applicable codes.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assist Facilities Director in completing of all work orders for the property using the CMMS system.
- Assist with conducting preventative maintenance inspections on HVAC systems, electrical systems and plumbing systems.
- Monitor that OSHA, NEC, and safety codes are enforced.
- Coordinate with facilities technicians to make the necessary adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Assist with the scheduling of projects which include plumbing, air conditioning coil cleaning, service, repair and filter changes.
- Perform inspection of ventilation systems for functionality and preventive maintenance.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion (utilities, inspections, grounds, alarms, systems & equipment), suggest metrics, monitor and report related trends.
- Perform condition assessments on appearance, equipment, or troubleshooting (formulated by another group, FSM), analyze results and decide status; identify and establish preventive maintenance plan.
- Coordinate & integrate utility usage/optimization (monitor usage, gather info, provide recommendations, follow-up, shutdown requirements), analyze date and provide recommendations.
- Coordinate, inspect and approve contract work, third party vendors.
- Identify, recommend & implement building operations & process modifications to the facility for increased productivity and/or cost reduction, manage related budget; coordinate maintenance logistics (to avoid faculty conflicts, events).
- Assisting Facilities Director with the handling of assets by troubleshooting, completing tagging, data entry & inventory; completing purchase orders, receiving; completing record keeping; establishing tracking system, gathering information and, information gathering.
- Implement facility security programs by developing procedures/practices, distributing keys, providing building access, monitoring access records, assessing security infrastructure needs (interlocks and alarms).
- Serve as safety coordinator by: correcting identified safety issues, performing root cause analysis, identifying and tracking corrective actions.
- Coordinates testing, maintenance and repairs, preventive maintenance, inspections, etc. ensuring operational integrity of generators, ATSs and UPSs.
- Researches methods, systems or materials for purchase of systems. Keeps equipment updated and operational, meeting required local, state, federal and ADA requirements.
- Instructs employees in the use of systems. Establishes and coordinates alarm codes and keeps a record of those having access to such codes.
- Coordinates required fire alarm and other functional tests and assists with practice drill evacuations. Reviews fire and life safety systems with Fire Marshall’s office and local inspectors to ensure legal and safe systems.
- Maintains inventory of essential parts and equipment to ensure repairs and installation in a timely manner.
- Conducts independent fire inspections to ensure fire and life safety code compliance.
- Maintains an up-to-date working library of National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) codes.
- Responds to KTTT emergencies and closures including adverse weather to secure buildings, furnishings and fixtures to prevent damage or operational problems.
- Maintains appropriate records as required.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Engineering from an accredited college or university is preferred.
Preferred Qualifications: Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience and two years of experience with Fire and Life Safety code compliance, service and maintenance across a broad spectrum of fire and life safety systems. One year of experience inspecting Fire and Life Safety Systems.
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com