In order to be considered for any vacancy within the Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas an application must be completed. If you are among qualified candidates, you will receive a call/email from our one of our recruiters to schedule an interview. Once your application is completed please send it to Human Resources Coordinator Claudia Gutierrez email@example.comEmployment Application
Position: Mechanic Helper
Supervisor: Mechanic Supervisor
Division: Tribal Reservation Services Administration
Perform routine operational checks and repair work on functional parts of automotive and grounds equipment and machinery.
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct routine operational and preventive maintenance checks related to maintenance and repair of automotive and grounds equipment and facilities to include inspecting, testing, cleaning, lubricating and as necessary, repairing or replacing defective parts of trucks, tractors, automotive and lawn care equipment. Inspect and repair automotive equipment, trucks, tractors and lawn mower equipment.
- Assist in maintaining inventory of equipment supplies and materials. Follow a predetermined schedule of preventive maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Assist in picking up and delivering supplies and materials to various locations as required.
- Assist in future repairs or adjustments which may be necessary to keep the vehicle in safe operation condition.
- See that required equipment on the vehicle is of an acceptable type, is properly adjusted, and meets Department standards.
- Will refrain from the use of alcohol.
- Will refrain from the use of drugs in any degree except when prescribed by a licensed physician, providing that normal faculties shall not be impaired.
- Will notify the Department representative immediately if driver’s license has been suspended or revoked.
- Shall always obtain authorization from the vehicle owner or operator prior to making any repairs or adjustments.
- Shall maintain a clean and orderly appearance and be courteous and patient in contacts with the public.
- Assist on skilled mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of company and tribal member vehicles, small engines and heavy equipment.
- Assist on performing diagnostic procedures.
- Assist on detecting motor trouble and analyzes other performance on all equipment.
- Shall have ability to perform all tasks with accuracy.
- Ensure a maximum level of professionalism and satisfaction is achieved and maintained with employees and tribal members.
- Employee shall follow the Transportation Department Chain of Command.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or graduation equivalent diploma (GED). A high school education with course work in shop. 2 year of related experience. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
Native American preference is observed:
KTTT recognizes preference for KTTT tribal members and qualified Native American tribal members including preferential treatment in recruitment, hiring, promotions, layoffs and reductions in force so long as they meet minimum job qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org